Every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training, which is administered in compliance with the requirements of Section 201-g of the Labor Law.
Every employer in New York City is also required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training, which is administered in compliance with the requirements of Local Law 96.
What you need to know:
- Sexual Harassment Policies: All employers must adopt and provide a sexual harassment prevention policy to all employees by 10/9/18. If your company already has a sexual harassment policy, make sure that it meets or exceeds the newly required minimum standards.
- All Employees Must Be Trained: Between 10/9/18 and 10/9/19 all employees must be trained and annually thereafter on each employee's anniversary, start date or date selected by employer.
- New Employees Must Be Trained and Provided Policies Immediately: Employers are liable for the actions of employees immediately upon hire, the State encourages training as soon as possible.
- Policy and Training For Independent Contractors: The State Human Rights Law imposes liability on the employer for their actions and encourages employers to provide the policy and training to anyone providing services in the workplace including contractors, subcontractors, vendors and consultants.
- NYC Requires Posters and Information Sheets
- It is a misdemeanor for Employers to violate the Labor Law
Lieb Compliance offers compliance with everything from policies to trainings.
Trainings are available:
- On-site throughout the NY metro area
- On-demand through our web-based interactive video system
- In-person at our training center located at 308 W. Main Street, Suite 101, Smithtown, New York 11787.
All content is immersive with real world examples.
All trainings are conducted by employment law litigators.